Benefits of Membership
Association of Institutional INVESTORS
Benefits of Membership
1) Opportunity to discuss pros and cons of industry-wide policy issues with senior executives at other major financial asset managers—based on this discussion, unified positions are presented to leaders in Congress and at regulatory agencies.*
2) The Association is led by industry members who have high level job responsibilities that are directly linked to the Association’s policy agenda; thus, the Officers and Board Members of the Association all share a common bond to uphold the integrity of the asset management industry and foster the interests of U.S. and global institutional investors.
3) Unique engagement of highly experienced trade association professionals facilitates a member driven advocacy and market practices program, which is economically feasible and, most importantly, assures breadth and depth of staff support in dealing with policy makers and serving the day to day needs of members and associate members.
4) Hands on industry leadership gives rise to formation of Committees of the Association comprised of subject matter experts in trading, portfolio management, compliance and operations. In turn, these results-oriented professionals are able, if appropriate, to prioritize activities such as comment letters and conferences in line with the concerns of other financial services industry groups—this innovative approach helps us to add value at all times to initiatives such as Dodd-Frank implementation.
5) Mindful of the demands being placed on management teams at financial asset managers to stay abreast of new developments and rules in the industry, the Association’s educational program applies the fruits of our work in the advocacy area to formulating a regular series of Roundtables and Seminars. These events are typically open to associate members as well and thereby facilitate helpful networking between and among managers and vendors / custodians / sell-side /others. Upon request, the Association is also willing to organize educational events for interested policy makers.
*The current member firms of the Association of Institutional INVESTORS include: BNY Mellon Asset Management; Federated Investors; Fidelity Investments; Loomis Sayles; Lord Abbett; MFS; Natixis; Pimco; Prudential; Putnam; Schroders; and State Street Global Advisors. Also, DTCC and Omgeo are associate member firms.